I just need to give a shout out to our local McDonald's management! I was there the other day meeting friends to eat and play at the PlayPlace. I ordered my food and there was a little confusion when ordering the Happy Meals with all the options and getting them straight. The cashier had to get the manager to help her void things out and get them right. After all that fixing, I reached for my wallet out of my bag, and realized that I had left my wallet on the counter at home. I keep my checkbook separate and asked if they take checks. They said no. While I am scrambling in my purse with hopes of finding some loose cash, I said I could probably go ask one of my friends to lend me the money. They were already eating in the play area. I look up from fumbling in my purse to see the manager swiping a credit card on the little machine in front of me. I could see that it was not a McDonalds card, but a check or debit card. He put the card back into his wallet. I explained, once it sunk in what he was doing, that he didn't need to do that. He shook his head and said no problem. Shocked, I took my tray to the play room in disbelief. He didn't comp my meal on McDonald's nickel. He paid for my meal out of his own pocket. What an act of kindness, and good business. I will be going back there for sure. Thanks, Mr. Blonde Manager at McDonalds.Friday, April 24, 2009
I'm lovin'it!
I just need to give a shout out to our local McDonald's management! I was there the other day meeting friends to eat and play at the PlayPlace. I ordered my food and there was a little confusion when ordering the Happy Meals with all the options and getting them straight. The cashier had to get the manager to help her void things out and get them right. After all that fixing, I reached for my wallet out of my bag, and realized that I had left my wallet on the counter at home. I keep my checkbook separate and asked if they take checks. They said no. While I am scrambling in my purse with hopes of finding some loose cash, I said I could probably go ask one of my friends to lend me the money. They were already eating in the play area. I look up from fumbling in my purse to see the manager swiping a credit card on the little machine in front of me. I could see that it was not a McDonalds card, but a check or debit card. He put the card back into his wallet. I explained, once it sunk in what he was doing, that he didn't need to do that. He shook his head and said no problem. Shocked, I took my tray to the play room in disbelief. He didn't comp my meal on McDonald's nickel. He paid for my meal out of his own pocket. What an act of kindness, and good business. I will be going back there for sure. Thanks, Mr. Blonde Manager at McDonalds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's an amazing story! What a great guy and a good example.
It's been a while since I've visited your blog so it was fun reading all the posts I missed. I love the fall pictures! And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)
Post a Comment