Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Great pasta recipe

I was telling my mom last night about this recipe I found on allrecipes.com.  She wanted me to send it to her, but I thought maybe I ought to put it on the blog.  It is SUPER easy, but tastes great and made my whole family happy.  I added some cut up rotisserie chicken that I had leftover in the fridge.  I put it in at the end and heated it up while the feta cheese was melting down. 


8 oz penne pasta
2 Tbs olive oil
1 large 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
10 oz fresh spinach, washed and chopped
2 tsp minced garlic 
1 tsp of dried basil 
8 oz feta cheese
salt 
black pepper 

Boil the pasta, and when finished set aside until spinach and tomato mixture is done.

Heat oil in large pot.  Add tomatoes, spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is wilted. Then add feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.  The cheese will melt into the juices of the tomato and spinach.  If you want a little more kick you can add some red pepper flakes.  

ENJOY!
Sorry no picture.  Maybe when I make it again, I will remember to take a photo and post it.  

No comments: